The Virginia Coalition of Latino Organizations (VACOLAO) and the Legal Aid Justice Center’s Immigrant Advocacy Program (LAJC) have two positions open for a summer advocacy and organizing internship to work in northern Virginia at LAJC’s Falls Church office.
We are looking for individuals who will work with the Chair of VACOLAO in support of his organizing and advocacy efforts. Prospective applicants should be self-starters and willing to take on new challenges. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a host of immigration rights related projects including the implementation of the recent Virginia Attorney General DACA decision as well as help organize the Fifth Virginia Immigrant Advocates Summit. There will also be opportunities to attend meetings with partners, assist with efforts to organize day laborers in the field, and help with organizing and running trainings.
Internships are unpaid.
– Self-starter and independent learner
– Willingness to chip in where needed no matter how big or small the task
– Able to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
– Outstanding speaking and writing skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Experience in or interest in immigrant rights issues
– Spanish language skills a strong plus
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Positions will remain open until filled.
See www.justice4all.org and www.vacolao.org for more information about our work.