PRINCIPLES FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM
We believe that true reform should:
- Offer a short and direct path to citizenship for all aspiring citizens already in the United States;
- Respect the dignity of every individual and end the mass detention and deportation of immigrants;
- Reunite and strengthen families through the elimination of immigration backlogs;
- Build trust between immigrant communities and local police by limiting state and local enforcement of federal immigration law;
- Strengthen our economy by protecting workers’ rights, and meeting Virginia’s need for a trained workforce by providing access to education for all; and,
- Honor our history as a nation of immigrants by welcoming, celebrating, and promoting the full economic and political integration of this most recent generation of immigrants.