Date(s) - 09/30/2017
3:00 am - 5:30 pm
Walter Reed Community Center
Category(ies) No Categories
On September 5th, President Trump’s administration announced that they would be winding down the DACA program. As such, DACA holders who hold DACA status with an expiration date on or before March 5th, 2018 must file a renewal before October 5, 2017 to extend their status one last time. If it is not renewed, they will lose their work authorization, driver’s license in some states including Virginia, in-state tuition in Virginia and protection from deportation.
Considering the huge stakes in play and short deadline to file a renewal application, Legal Aid Justice Center’s Immigrant Advocacy Program is organizing this free clinic to help DACA holders renew their application. AGAIN, DACA HOLDERS WHOSE STATUS EXPIRES BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 5, 2017 AND MARCH 5, 2018 MUST RENEW THEIR STATUS BEFORE THE OCTOBER 5th DEADLINE.
If you plan on attending this free clinic, you MUST bring the following with you:
1) Two Passport Sized Photos
2) Any criminal records (e.g. police report, charging document, disposition, etc.)
3) If you have traveled abroad, bring your passport and advanced parole documentation
4) Money order for $495 made out to “US Department of Homeland Security” (PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE ORGANIZATIONS WHO MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO HELP PAY FOR THIS APPLICATION FEE. PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT THIS ASSISTANCE AT THE CLINC YOU ATTEND.
5) Photocopy of DACA Work Permit (both sides)
Please Bring: Copies of all prior DACA applications and renewals.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
We have a list of DACA Clinics that are being organized by many organizations, please check this link: http://vacolao.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/DACA-Clinic-Flyer-Revised-.pdf